Karen Hanover 2012: FBI Impersonation – The REAL Story
As many of you have read, in 2012 Karen Hanover was convicted for impersonating an FBI agent. However, as crazy as it seems that she would actually do that, it is not the whole story and does not convey what REALLY happened. This site gives the other side of the story by showing hard evidence that Hanover was the victim of a smear campaign which was all about money.
Start by reading a summary background of the events and learn who the players are who are referenced on this site. Then come back to this page or use the drop down box labeled “Articles by Category” to the right to move to specific articles.
- Karen Hanover was the VICTIM of an FBI impersonator.
- FBI evidence proving bloggers were not Hanover’s customers.
- Debbie Ciampi impersonated FBI agent to scare Hanover. Hanover does not know Debbie Ciampi who is a blogger claiming that Hanover is a scam.
- Read the court transcript which quotes Judge Tucker ruling that the “government did not establish the offense of wire fraud by clear and convincing evidence” in Hanover’s case.
- Journalists were given misinformation about Hanover by prosecutor, Andrew Stolper, who resigned March 2013 amid these allegations and other allegations of misconduct. See media coverage of Andrew Stolper misconduct.
- Blogger, Rebecca Smith was caught lying to the FBI by claiming to be Hanover’s customer when she was not.
- Rebecca Smith is a felon, having been convicted of drug trafficking and money laundering.
- Rebecca Smith has a long criminal history in addition to the felony.
- Rebecca Smith admits lying about Karen Hanover while under oath in deposition.
- Rebecca Smith threatened Karen Hanover’s life.
- Hanover sought restraining order against Rebecca Smith after Smith tried to get inside Karen Hanover’s home.
- See FBI proof that Karen Hanover worked for Marcus & Millichap despite claims by bloggers that Hanover falsified her credentials.
- Karen Hanover’s REAL customers wrote letters on behalf of Karen Hanover to Judge Tucker explaining what really happened.